Accounts Payable Officer - Fixed Term
We are currently recruiting for a 6 month fixed term Accounts Payable Officer.
This position is based in Scunthorpe.
The rate of pay offered is circa £10.05 per hour (Grade 5).
This position offers an immediate start. Working normal office hours 3 days per week (22.5hrs per week).
In order to be successful in the role it is essential you have good experience of working in finance and accounts. You will have excellent PC skills and the ability to work with numeric data on spreadsheets.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Registering, matching and posting invoices
- Check invoices are addressed to and processed to the correct companies
- Ensure invoices are approved within authorised limits
- Reconcile supplier accounts and resolve supplier queries
- Monitor outstanding orders on POP
- Monitor and follow up outstanding registered invoices
- Process ad hoc payment requests
- Petty cash reconciliation
You will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of Accounts Payable
- Knowledge of VAT in terms of correct rates being charged and how to process invoices with multiple VAT rates
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, at all levels, both orally and in writing
- An awareness of the corporate implications of actions by individual services
- Computer literate, including experience with financial ledger systems, word processing and spreadsheets
- To be able to solve problem accounts and make decisions
- Using own initiative to work with minimal guidance
- Ability to prioritise own work and to work accurately under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines
Are you looking for a role immediately and have experience of working in accounts? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply directly through this advertisement.