Area Manager - Maintenance
We are seeking to appoint an Area Manager within our busy maintenance team, (salary c. £31k - £34k per annum – Grade 8), permanent role.
To effectively plan and deliver, under the direction of the Property Operations Manager property maintenance works and tenant liaison services in the relation to properties within the organizations Housing stock and other assets owned or managed by Ongo Homes. To ensure that value for money is delivered through all works.
Co-ordination and management of the in-house workforce, which includes sickness monitoring, leave management and time management.
Setting, monitoring and reviewing objectives and assessment of competencies in accordance with the performance appraisal framework.
Also be able to work flexibly. You must be able to take part in the provision of our out of hour’s emergency phone support service on a rota basis which will include weekends.
Allocate work to the Team, contractors and monitor the progress and outcomes.
A full driving license is required
There are also some things we should tell you about the role:
- Management of staff will be an important part of undertaking this role and you will be expected to lead by example.
- Effective and informed decision making will play a huge part in the role on a daily basis.
- You will need to be well versed in all aspects relating to Value for Money and meeting our cost and performance objectives on a consistent basis.
- The role will include dealing with complaints and communicating closely with our tenants.
- You will have responsibility to ensure resources are fully utilised at all times.
- You will be responsible for vehicles, plant and equipment used by our trade teams.
- Prioritising and meeting deadlines is a daily occurrence.
- You will be expected to have excellent two way communication skills.
- You will be expected to carry out quality assurance checks to our properties and neighbourhoods.
- You will be expected to use your technical skills and knowledge to provide schedules of work and determine the associated costs.
- There are some physical elements to this role, including manual handling, lone working and working outside in all weathers.
- You’ll be responsible for the Health & safety of staff members across the service area.
- You will get to work with our tenants and customers and a great team of people.
- You will be expected to uphold Ongo’s policies and principles in relation to equality & diversity at all times.
This is what Knowledge, Skill & Experience you will require:
- Experience of managing teams carrying out a range of maintenance tasks.
- You will have experience of successfully managing and improving performance.
- You will have been part of a team that has delivered an excellent value for money service
- You will have performance managed individuals and teams in a way that has delivered improved performance.
- You will need experience of change management and the techniques involved.
- You must have motivation skills and experience of utilising those skills effectively.
- Excellent communication skills will play a key part in this role.
- Experience of property repairs and construction techniques.
- You will have an excellent knowledge of Health and Safety at Work legislation.
- Customer care orientated and dedicated to the provision of a quality service.
- You will be expected to have experience of creative problem solving and developing processes and working practises.
- You will be expected to have a full driving licence.
- The ability to work within specific deadlines and ability to prioritise workloads is essential.
If this role is of interest and you meet the required skills and experience criteria, we would love to hear from you, Please apply directly through this advertisement.