Autocare Technician Apprentice
We are currently recruiting for an apprentice to join a small local business based in Winterton. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in working in the motor vehicle industry and previous experience either in employment or study is highly desirable. The candidate will be fully trained in all aspects of mechanics which will include on the job practical experience in a garage environment and also one day per week gaining theoretical experience working towards a motor vehicle qualification.
The position will be work based four days a week and one day per week undertaking college training.
The role requires someone who is confident and able to work as part of a small team and is able to work to tight deadlines under time pressure.
The successful candidate will gain experience in:
- Assisting with motor vehicle repairs (not bodywork)
- Working as directed on brakes, suspension, gearboxes, engines etc.
- Associated tasks as directed by mechanics
- Assisting with MOT’s
- Servicing as directed oil/filter changes checking fluid levels etc.
- Tyre fitting
- Using small hand tools
- Using power tools both electric and pneumatic
- Following health and safety
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
01 Oct 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)