Business Planning & Development Accountant
We are currently recruiting for a Business Planning & Development Accountant on a 9 month maternity cover role, this role has the potential to be extended by a further 3 months. Working within the finance department of Ongo Homes based in Scunthorpe, this role is primarily based in our head office but agile working is embraced.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Technically competent accountant, with a good understanding of key accounting principles fundamental to duties of the role.
- ACCA newly qualified / finalist or similar, or QBE
- Project and component accounting experience in Construction.
- Financial business planning software experience.
- High level of ICT proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Excel, and experience using accounting software.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at a variety of levels, orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritise own work and to work accurately under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines.
Overall Purpose of Job
To provide a comprehensive financial management, costing and advisory service to the team of Finance Business Partners and to the Financial Accountant where appropriate
- Through regular contact, develop a strong working relationship with relevant stakeholders within an entity and be able to effectively communicate financial information to non-finance managers in a way that is concise and comprehendible that allows for better decision making.
- Project accounting, reporting & forecasting for new build schemes & capitalised major works elemental projects
- Update, manage and maintain the Asset Registers as appropriate, to include the posting of depreciation - checking for accuracy and consistency
- Record subcontractor spend against development schemes ensuring that any internal recharge is made via an inter-company sales invoice on a timely basis, to include mark up at the agreed rate.
- Production of monthly management accounts for the entity under your control along with meaningful commentary
- Maintain the major works asset register ensuring all additions and disposals are recorded accurately and on a timely basis and that depreciation is charged through the P&L account in the correct accounting period in accordance with Company policy
- Input into the production of cash flow projections.
- Calculate and submit CIS returns on a timely basis for Ongo Developments ensuring all payments made are accurate, fully reconciled and paid over to HMRC within the prescribed timescales
- Assist with the creation of scheme appraisals for new build developments using IRR & NPV
- To assist the Financial Accountant in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts by compiling and completing a year-end lead schedule for inclusion within the statutory accounts workings.
- To deal with requests for transactional information from our external auditors as and when required.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- To assist in the production of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts by providing insight to budget holders of their spend to date and liaising with them to construct from a zero base, the forecast for the remainder of the current year and the budget for the next two financial years