Engineering Shift Supervisor
Permanent Engineering Shift Supervisor Scunthorpe
We are currently assisting a leading manufacturing company in Scunthorpe with their current vacancy for an Engineering Shift Supervisor.
Permanent position based in Scunthorpe.
Shift position 12 hour shifts 4 on 4 off (2 Days 2 Nights) Averaged week 42 hours.
Salary is circa £37000 p.a.
The role will involve supervising the engineering resource on shift, prioritising and assisting in the repair of equipment breakdowns.
Be proactive with the team, continuous improvement and planned maintenance programmes.
Hands on management of the shift based engineering resource; prioritise incoming breakdown work requests and manage the effective use of the engineering skills within the team.
- Assist in determining the root cause and rectification of any faults on the production process lines within all current legislation. To notify the responsible Area Manager of the anticipated “downtimes”.
- Manage, assist and be accountable for in shift planned routine maintenance tasks within all areas of the site and repair of any issues found.
- Carry out routine equipment installations as required with the team and be involved in or familiar with any project plans for the installation of new equipment.
- Responsible for the quality of information recorded during shift and the effective communication of all relevant information to opposite number at shift change. This ensures that unfinished tasks can be safely completed and the previous shift issues understood.
- Any changes made to PLC programmes will be backed up and any other changes made to equipment installations or settings must be updated in the required files or manuals and communicated to the day shift engineering team.
- Responsible for the contacting of external suppliers / technical support when required out of normal hours to liaise on problems and breakdowns.
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager compile a skills matrix and development plan for their shift team.
- As part of the team-working environment assist in educating operators in the mechanical operation of their equipment ensuring that Health and Safety legislation is complied with. This will allow them to assist with basic maintenance practices and ensure the correct set up procedures are followed for their equipment.
- Ensure that Company Health and Safety Standards are complied with and safe working practices are always adopted.
Knowledge and Experience
- Electrical skills and knowledge are essential
- Working hands on Supervisor
- Craft Apprenticeship or equivalent tech. training (multi-skilled electrical / mechanical)
- Working knowledge of PLC fault finding on Allen Bradley and ability to go on line.
- Working knowledge of inverters and control systems
- Working knowledge of fluid mechanics & drive systems.
- Working knowledge of pneumatics
This role is an excellent opportunity to join an established leading company in an integral role.
Does the above sound like we're describing your next ideal role? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply directly through this advertisement.