Become part of the team, close knit friendly team covering numerous contracts across Lincolnshire including commercial, domestic and social. We currently are recruiting an experienced gas engineer to join our friendly team
Based in Scunthorpe
Salary £31250-37958 p.a.
What you will do
- New boiler installations
- Repairs and maintenance
- On-call on a rota system
- Private domestic works
- Social Housing works including full heating system replacements and reactive boiler replacements, repairs and maintenance
- Liaise with planners and Area Manager should the repair be taking longer than expected or require extra help from other tradesmen
- Contact materials supplier to organise deliveries of required materials whenever possible
- Operatives will also need to be available for out of hours cover, evenings and weekend, this would be on a rota basis
Knowledge and skills
- ACS gas qualifications elements CCN1, CEN1, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1, WAT1.
- NVQ or equivalent gas or plumbing qualification.
- Any renewable/Air source experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience of property repairs and maintenance work
- Knowledge in the use and maintenance of plant and machinery relevant to the trade
- Experience in carrying out relevant installations, repairs and servicing in occupied and empty properties.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work practices
- Ability to carry out dynamic risk assessments
- Understanding of COSHH regulations
- Customer Care orientated and dedicated to the provision of a high quality service
- Full Driving Licence
- Basic IT skills
- Operatives will work between 8:00 and 16:00 with 30 minute lunch break. Travel home is in operatives own time
- To promote equality and diversity amongst our stakeholders, residents, customers, clients, staff, board and committee members and all those we work with.
- To ensure all customers’ needs are understood and all services that are provided meet individual needs, including in relation to the protected characteristics and customers with additional support needs.
- To treat everyone with dignity and respect at all times.