Head of Finance
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Finance, on behalf of a large North Lincolnshire based organisation, which is a group of companies.
The salary offered for this position is circa £65-70k. This is a permanent position.
To provide financial management, control and reporting services to the businesses of the Group.
It is to lead on matters relating to financial and statutory accounting and financial control for the Group and all individual entities contained within the Group, engaging with other areas of the finance function and the business at all levels and external partners as required on such matters to provide a first class service to all parts of the group.
The role will include, however is not limited to:
- Effectively manage and inspire all members of the finance team to deliver first class, ‘right first time’ services to the Group, ensuring full compliance with all financial responsibilities.
- To act as business partner and advisor on all matters financial to the senior management team of The Group, actively engaging in SMT discussions and decision making processes.
- Provide the technical financial expertise required by The Group to ensure compliance in financial reporting in terms of all statutory and regulatory requirements, maintaining an up to date knowledge of all requirements impacting the Partnership Group.
- Directly lead a small team of direct reports (#3) to ensure that the wider finance function operates efficiently and effectively at all times, making adjustments to structure as required and always ensuring that staff are appropriately skilled and experienced.
- Build a ‘can do’ and continuous improvement culture within the finance function, leading by example and providing the support and advice required to allow managers and staff to develop themselves and the service they provide to the business.
- To advise the Director of Resources and Commercial Services on matters relating to financial performance, reporting and compliance of all entities within the Group.
- To deputise for and carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be directed by the Director of Resource and Commercial Services.
- Any other duties commensurate with the roles level of responsibility.
We are looking for the following:
- Technically skilled and experience accountant (Qualified), with a good understanding of key accounting principles which are fundamental to the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Relevant sector experience, specifically in relation to financial regulation.
- Experience in providing accounting/ financial management services to a business with a group structure.
- Experience in the successful management of a team comprising of a variety of levels of experience and professional qualifications.
- Ability to manage stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and also cooperatively
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own work and work of their teams, and to work accurately under pressure to meet conflicting deadlines.
- Highly IT literate, specifically in relation to finance systems and their efficient use and development.
Does this sound like your ideal next career move? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply directly through this advertisement.