Health and Safety Advisor
We are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Advisor, to work within Ongo Homes and Ongo Partnership. This position is full time working Monday to Friday, with options for an Agile home working schedule also.
The salary offered for this position is £32,214-34,817 per annum + company benefits.
Overall Purpose of Job
- To deliver high standards of Health, Safety and Environmental (SHE) competence to facilitate legal compliance and best practice.
- To deliver competent advice and support on all matters relating to Health and Safety
- Ensure Health and Safety processes and policies are appropriately developed / compliant / audited / measureable and reportable to ensure continual improvement.
- To assist and advise managers and staff on Health and Safety compliance.
- Ensure risk assessments and incident investigations are conducted to appropriate standards with legal and management requirements.
- Coordinate with managers / staff to seek compliance with corrective / preventative actions arising from audits, investigations and interactions.
- Analyse accident/incident data and produce accurate and coherent reports to support learning and prevention.
- To carry out a programme of audits of various aspects of health and safety and report on findings.
- Coordinate accreditation submissions.
- To work within ongo at all levels to embed appropriate principles and behaviours
- Liaise with external bodies (Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Fire Authority and other Enforcing authorities) as required.
- To develop successful relationships between all stakeholders to create an open, accessible and friendly Health and Safety Team.
Knowledge Skills and Experience Required
- Thorough understanding of the H&S law, principles and theories and appreciation of environmental issues.
- A minimum of at least a level 3 qualification in Occupational Health and Safety with an expectation to be working towards a level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- A minimum of Tech membership of IOSH, with an expectation to be working towards Grad membership
- Extensive (ideally at least 5 years) workplace experience in interpreting and managing SHE requirements in construction, housing and commercial environments.
- Experience with management systems and processes commensurate with, 18001, 45001, 14001, 9001 and 22301.
- Ability to analyse situations and dynamically problem solve to meet ‘SHE requirements’.
- Ability to effectively communicate and develop positive relationships with internal / external stakeholders on SHE and become a valued team member.
- Converssant with Microsoft Office applications, including, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and adaptable to new ICT hardware and software solutions.
- Good organisational skills in order to manage own workloads and undertake project management and monitoring.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
Does the above sound like your ideal next role, and fit your skills and experience? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please apply directly through this advertisement.
Closing date: 24/09/21