Health and Safety Apprenticeship
We are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety apprentice to join our organisation.
This role offers a salary of £8607 per annum, therefore offers the opportunity to earn whilst you learn.
The role is working Monday to Friday 37 hours per week. The course is expected to last 24 months not including the EPA, this may add a further 3 months onto the course length.
To gain exposure to different areas of finance within the Ongo group. To follow a programme of a defined period of months in each of the four main sections: accounts receivable, accounts payable, management accounting and financial accounting.
Working towards a Safety, Health and Environment Technician (Level 3), studying alongside work on day release of 20% off the job training.
Support for Health & Safety Team:
- Upkeep the record of learners attending training that can be fed into reports required by internal managers, the board and relevant funders
- Provide general day to day support to the Health & Safety team, such as typing up meeting minutes and engagement visit reports.
- Assist with checking and completing of course registers and paperwork that are necessary for the running of courses. Send appropriate paperwork to HR for recording purposes.
- Contact learners prior to learning and discuss any reasonable adjustments required during training sessions. Report this information to the course facilitators
- Assist trainers to invigilate test papers, prepare them to send to awarding bodies and send certificates to HR to be recorded
- Assist in the recording of Value for Money savings for finance and monitoring
- Welcome external trainers, offer refreshments and prepare meeting rooms as required.
- General office duties including dealing with incoming and outgoing mail, posting letters and parcels, photocopying, filing and sending faxes, ordering stationery and other products
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to speak to customers face to face, by telephone and email
- Good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to act on own initiative, if required
- Tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult conversations
GCSE’s grade C or equivalent or above in English and Maths, together with two other qualifications of the same/equivalent grades.
- Accurate in following instructions and completing tasks
- Prepared to undertake training as required
- Hardworking and willing to undertake all tasks
- Commitment and enthusiasm is key for this position and your development within the business