Health Care Assistant
Location: Scotton, Lincolnshire
Role: Part-time or Full time
Benefits for Healthcare assistant
- from £9.10 per hour
- Annual leave 5.6weeks (FT)
- Free parking
- Health scheme
- Free uniform
Responsibilities of a Healthcare assistant
- To assist the service user in any area of his/her night care needs which they would normally undertake themselves if they were able to do so with the aim of optimising their independence
- Read and understand and implement the Care Plans of each service user to promote continuity of care and individuality
- To understand and maintain confidentiality
- Care of clothes and personal belongings
- Bed making - empty and occupied
- Moving and handling, dressing and assisting residents in their daily hygiene and dressing needs
- Personal hygiene. Bathing, care of the eyes, mouth, hair and nails
- Care of skin and pressure areas
- Assist with toilet requirements
- Escorting residents to outside appointments when able to do so - post covid19
- Helping to serve meals and drinks, assisting the residents whose need requires it
- Recording information accurately and in a timely manner
- Observing and reporting any changes in residents condition
- Adhere to company policy at all times
- To attend training arranged as part of staff development
Health & Safety
To be familiar with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. Any areas of concern must be brought to the attention of the Manager or the person in charge
- To understand what Safeguarding is and your role in Safeguarding Adults.
- To be able to recognise an adult potentially in need of Safeguarding and know what action to take.
- To understand the procedure for making a Safeguarding alert
- To understand dignity and respect
- To have knowledge of Lincolnshire County Council’s Safeguarding policy and procedure and the legislation that supports Safeguarding procedure.
To keep our staff safe we adhere to government guidelines for Care Homes at all times.
We have appropriate PPE available and staff are trained in its use.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.10-£10.92 per hour
- On-site parking
- Wellness programmes
Following all Government guidelines
- Care worker: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)