HGV Class 2 Driver
Overall purpose of job:
Serve the community and take pride in the area by undertaking duties connected with the removal and/or disposal of household, industrial and commercial waste and recycling.
Whilst a predominantly driving role, work can be undertaken across three areas: waste collections, waste transfer station and household recycling centres.
- Predominantly driving large refuse collection or stillage vehicles (HGV class C licence) - 80% of the time. Some driving of vans and small refuse collection vehicles (up to 7.5 tonnes)
- Operate bin lifting equipment safely and support with the safe manoeuvring of a variety of refuse containers, boxes and caddies as required
- Undertake all necessary checks of a refuse collection, stillage or another vehicle
- Management of a small team of loaders
- Provide advice to customers regarding the disposal of their waste and recycling
- Update the in-cab technology system or maintain paper records as appropriate
- Deal with contamination issues
- Ensure records are correctly completed and secured
- Carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner
Knowledge, skill and experience:
- Hold a HGV Class 2 licence
- To have completed Driver CPC training in accordance with the legislation
- Digital tachograph holder
- Team player, but also able to manage a small team
- Operation of information technology and data recording systems.
- Able to give clear verbal and written instructions
- Literate & Numerate (to be able to complete electronic/paper records)
- Experience of dealing with challenging situations and difficult customers
- Manual handling techniques
- Ability to walk several miles per day
- Ability to operate machinery safely
- Knowledge of the local area
Lifting and manoeuvring bins, boxes and caddies safely using the appropriate manual handling techniques.
Walking several miles a day and manoeuvring bins.
Operating machinery and driving vans/refuse collection vehicles (HGVs).
Working hours: Tues- Fri 7am- 18:00 (36 hours)