Income Collection (Housing) Apprentice
We have a fantastic opportunity for an eager individual to undertake a business administration apprenticeship for 37 hours per week, working within the Income Team.
You will undertake a wide range of admin duties in the workplace whilst studying for your business admin qualification. The ideal candidate will be dynamic and confident, enthusiastic with a good eye for detail. The apprentice will learn and develop invaluable skills during the apprenticeship and will be a great kick start for a career in the business sector.
Your general duties will include:
- Providing vital support services the Income Team to assist with the collection of debts owed to the Company
- Assistance in the preparation of Court paperwork in respect of any Housing Act proceedings
- Liaising with clients and external agencies via various communication formats
- Undertaking research tasks and project work
- Undertake tasks in relation to tenancy management
- Manage accounts and recovery unpaid debt to the Company
- Undertaking routine clerical duties, including distributing of incoming and outgoing mail, internal and external, sorting and scanning of documents on a daily basis, photocopying of documents.
- Procuring goods and services, ensuring value for money and best use of resources and the administration of the purchase order system for the housing management team. Co-ordinate and liaise with contractors and suppliers to ensure good and services are supplied effectively.
- To maintain all manual and computerised records quickly and efficiently and to collate information on databases and spreadsheets. Also collecting, collating and preparing information, returns and/or statistics
- Assisting in the archiving of documents in line with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Servicing team meetings, this involves taking and preparing accurate minutes, and undertaking any follow-up actions.
- Use of IT software packages, predominately Microsoft Excel and other in-house systems
- You will be undertaking general admin duties but will be required to be flexible and adaptable. The ideal candidate will need to have the motivation and determination to move in line with the company’s needs. The candidate will also want to develop their own skill set in the workplace as well as gaining their formal qualification.
- Previous experience either in employment or study is highly desirable.
- The position will be work based five days a week with visits from the training provider approximately every 4-6 weeks to help with their studies, with the occasional visits needed to exam locations.
The weekly wage offered for this position is £153.92 and is based on 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday), for 12 months.
Does the above sound like the opportunity you have been waiting for? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply directly through this advertisement.