We have a current vacancy with a leading social housing provider within Lincolnshire.
To carry out repairs/renovations to a high standard on a wide range of properties, including tenanted and empty properties.
Salary £21500-24000K p.a.
- To undertake all Joinery repairs including glazing and UPVC repairs to various types of windows and doors (including composite doors), locksmith knowledge and experience would be an advantage.
- To use modern systems, technology and devices to keep accurate data of work undertaken, materials used and time allocation.
- To identify, where necessary, the extent of repairs required on site, reporting any problems or further action required to Area managers.
- To liaise with tenants and premises managers concerning the timing and progress of work being undertaken
- To undertake, where necessary, associated work including minor building repairs as identified on site
- To identify from inspection, materials required to carry out repair or installation to the required standard
- To ensure the safe handling and storage of all plant and equipment, including regular checks for road worthiness on vehicles for which you are responsible.
Operatives will work agile, Working hours between 8:00 and 18:00 (shift patterns 8:00 to 16:00 or 10:00 to 18:00 Monday to Thursday and 8:00 to 15:30 or 10:00 to 17:30 Friday) with 30 minute lunch break. Travel home is in operatives own time
Operatives will also need to be available for out of hours cover, evenings and weekend, this would be on a rota basis
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
- Joinery qualification to NVQ level 3 or C&G advanced craft
- Good knowledge and understanding of UPVC and composite window and door operation
- Locksmith qualification and accreditation (Preferable)
- Ability to carry out multi skilling tasks as set out
- Experience of property repairs and construction techniques
- Knowledge of plant and equipment
- Understanding of COSHH regulations
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work practices
- Customer Care orientated and dedicated to the provision of a quality service
- Full clean driving licence
Does this sound like the ideal role for you, then please submit an applications through this advert.