Overall purpose of job:
Serve the community and take pride in the area by undertaking duties connected with the removal and/or disposal of household, industrial and commercial waste.
Whilst work is predominantly undertaken within household recycling centres, work can be undertaken across three areas: waste collections, waste transfer stations and household recycling centres.
- Assist customers by removing or receiving household, industrial and commercial waste in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide advice to customers regarding the disposal of their waste and recycling.
- Assist drivers in safe manoeuvring of the vehicles on the round or at the disposal location.
- Operate bin lifting equipment safety. Deal safely with a variety of refuse containers.
- Carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping on site. i.e. site to be kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Managing site containers effectively (weight of waste, maximising payload, arranging service collections)
Ability to lift and manoeuvre items safely using the appropriate manual handling techniques.
Ability to walk several miles a day and manoeuvre bins constantly.
Working continuously outdoors in all weather conditions.
Work can be undertaken across three areas: waste collections, waste transfer station and household recycling centres.
Tues- Fri 7am- 18:00 - 36 hours , the hours may be ad-hoc some weeks and full-time hours are not guaranteed.