To carry out a range of maintenance related tasks within our properties.
To work individually, and as part of a team within our Maintenance services, carrying out work that enables the property to be returned ready to let within timescales and quality standard and carry out repairs in our tenanted properties.
Based in Scunthorpe
Salary £26777 p.a.
- To carry out multi-skilled maintenance tasks as required to complete works effectively & efficiently, this would include, but not limited to tasks such has;
- Removal of items within the property including where elements need to be removed to enable new ones to be fitted.
- Replacing, refixing & repairing joinery items within properties, such has internal doors, skirting boards, floorboards stairs, bannisters and kitchen units
- Painting & Decorating tasks in properties as instructed by the trade supervisor or the Empty Homes Co-ordinator.
- Carrying out Plumbing repairs to pipework & wastes where required
- Small Plastering & Bricklaying repairs to internal & external walls.
- Repairs to external paths, including concreting & slabs
- Carry out repair or refixing of rainwater goods to properties.
- Removal & renewal of small areas of floor & wall tiles.
- Installation of items such has shower curtains, grab rails and other minor aids & adaptations to tenanted & empty homes.
- Ensure that the cleanliness, security & safety of our empty properties is maintained at all times.
- To carry out cleaning activities to an agreed standard
- Cleaning & disinfecting internal areas, including toilets, kitchens & bathrooms
- Property & garden clearance and removal of the associated waste.
- Removing needles and carrying out needle sweeps
- Strimming and cutting of gardens where required.
- Ensure that adequate stock levels are maintained to enable maintenance tasks to be completed in a timely manner.
- To actively assist the Trade Supervisor to diagnose and carry out the required work within properties.
- To assist with ensuring that materials are available, either pre works or whilst works are ongoing, to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- To carry out tasks in compliance with all the Health & Safety legislation and / or the organisations policies and procedures.
- Ability to work flexible and on occasions outside of normal working hours.
- You must be able to carry out a range of minor multi-skilling tasks, such has plumbing, joinery, bricklaying & floor & wall tiling
- The ability to manage and adjust to conflicting deadlines, such has in relation to completions targets for jobs and ensuring that the work is completed ‘right first time’
- Health and Safety & COSHH awareness.
- Ability to carry out a range of minor and general housing maintenance work and tasks.
- Trade or Multi-skilling qualification would be desirable.
- Previous experience of either a trade, handy van or working in a multi skilled role would be desirable.
- Ability to use ICT systems including, Microsoft outlook, IPads etc.
- Ability to organise own workload and possess effective time management skills
- Physically fit
- Full driving licence.
- Good communication skills
- Working as part of a team, as well as on an individual basis.
- Experience of using of using various hand and power tools.
- Ability to work with Plant and/or machinery for some of the tasks.
- Ability to work flexibly, including evening/weekend working where required.