Mental Health Specialist
Ongo Communities is excited to recruit a team of skilled and qualified and individuals who are passionate about changing lives, to design and deliver an exciting new project “Endeavour”, funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Fund Programme.
The Endeavour project will provide support, coaching and life skills to individuals from age 16 to retirement, to help them to engage, or re-engage, with the labour market, including older people, people with disabilities, lone parents and young people.
The dynamic team will work together to really make a difference to the lives of the customers accessing the project, have proven skills in achieving targets and outcomes set by the funders, and use their innovative and empathetic qualities and coaching skills to make the project a success.
Mental Health Specialist
Overall Purpose of Job
Work as part of a team to support beneficiaries from our communities, focusing on those with mental health issues, to develop the confidence and skills to move forward and make a real difference in their wellbeing and employment status.
Achieve targets by supporting young people, older people and some from marginalised groups to achieve results as directed by the Endeavour Project contract.
Use specialist knowledge and skills, including psychotherapy, counselling and coaching, to deliver a consistent, high quality range of supportive interventions, based on individuals’ needs. Promote wellbeing and recovery in order to help clients to develop the necessary life skills and overcome the barriers that prevent progression to employability and employment, including self-employment.
Help employers, providing guidance on reasonable adjustments and raise awareness of mental illness in the workplace.
Contribute towards the achievement of ongo Communities strategic and operational targets and overall company aims.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Engage people with mental health problems and establish trusting, collaborative relationships.
- Establish relationships and work on a one to one basis, assisting individuals to remove personal barriers, help them to grow in confidence and gain new skills through a range of interventions that promote wellbeing and recovery, undertaking regular review meetings and maintain a written individual plan for each client.
- Assess clients’ employment support needs; implementing and adjusting employment plans as necessary to support each client’s desired outcomes
- Facilitate group sessions on: Building confidence and self-esteem, Mindfulness, Navigate your way to positive mental health and wellbeing, and Developing Emotional Resilience.
- Develop and deliver a range of practical services to meet clients’ needs including career guidance, job searching, CV preparation, interview skills, individual coping techniques or work coaching.
- Source and maintain up to date information on employment, labour market issues and local services, sharing with team members to inform client service.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of activity and outcomes in line with service requirements.
- Work with partner organisations and other professionals to provide support to each beneficiary.
- Work as part of the team to advertise the service, including social media marketing, using case studies and representing the company at events as appropriate.
- To participate in personal support and supervision, undertake personal development training as appropriate to the post.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grading of the post as considered appropriate.
Skills, Ability & Knowledge
- A relevant counselling/psychotherapy qualification
- Experience of providing support to people with a mental illness; or experience of providing care and/or employment support services within another social care setting.
- Understanding of the employment needs and difficulties of people who experience mental health problems and of supporting individuals to obtain and sustain employment.
- The ability to make a comprehensive assessment of an individual’s situation and needs
- To develop, implement and review risk management plans and devise support plans and activities to meet these needs.
- The ability to facilitate group training sessions to supports the needs of individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (face to face, by telephone)
- Organisational ability to handle multiple priorities, act quickly and decisively, work to changing deadlines and pay attention to detail
- A good team player.
- Good general education including numeracy, literacy and writing skills
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, PowerPoint, Outlook, email and the internet
- A strong commitment towards Equality and Diversity principles
- Willing to work flexibly in response client’s needs, including occasional out- of-office hours
- Ability to transport yourself across North Lincolnshire
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- IAG qualification
- PTTLS or equivalent
- Experience within a training or community learning environment
- Ability to work flexibly with some out of hours working including evenings and weekends where necessary
Excellent opportunity to join a new dynamic project making a real difference.
Does this sound like the perfect role for you, please forward your details for review.