We are currently recruiting for an Investment and Delivery Officer on behalf of our client in Scunthorpe.
The purpose of this job is to be a centre of excellence in the provision of procurement advice to members, managers and the achievement of best value for money following good practice and maintaining professional standards.
The position is until March 2022 but it could lead to a permanent contract.
- Identify and deliver programme and project opportunities to meet the priorities of the council.
- Deliver inward investment projects for the council across North Lincolnshire.
- Work with inward investors to develop projects that support the achievement of the council’s commercial plan.
- Work with business groups and partners offering advice and support to deliver projects.
- Identify areas of best practice in both programme, project management, and share appropriately.
- Develop procurement specifications to support the implementation of projects and secure consultancy for the service or the council where appropriate.
- Work with the Local Enterprise Partnerships to deliver capital programmes and projects.
- Work within a multi-functional team, each with specific areas of skills, across North Lincolnshire and aligning delivery to sub-regional activity.
- Lead on a range of projects to deliver the councils commercial priorities including town centre regeneration.
- Lead on the delivery of projects within the overall Lincolnshire Lakes programme and Town Centre programme.
- Lead on the commissioning and management of consultants/external support to support the delivery of project activity.
- Manage specific project budgets for the council.
- Keep appropriate evidence, records and audit trails relating to project development and delivery including minutes, reports and financial expenditure
- Provide advice options and solutions on community-led project schemes to senior management, members and external organisations and individuals to maximise opportunities for local and sub-regional social and economic regeneration and renewal.
- Apply appropriate community, commercial and political sensitivity to resolve issues, ensuring that the priorities of communities, programme performance, funding bodies, partners and the Council are balanced with the responsibilities of local democracy.
Contract length: 10 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £18.00 per ho