Roofing Apprentice - Ongo Commercial
We are currently recruiting for a roofing apprentice to join Ongo Commercial. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to learn a trade, and learn whilst you earn.
Overall Purpose of Job
Complete a two year roofing apprenticeship on site and in pre-arranged blocks of time at college in Leeds
Qualification: Level 2 NVQ Diploma & Level 3 NVQ Diploma
Contribute towards the achievement of Ashbridge Roofing strategic and operational targets and overall company aims.
- Attend Leeds college in pre-arranged blocks of time to complete a 2 year apprenticeship
- Maintain work areas and equipment.
- Maintain tools and equipment.
- Unload materials and tools from work trucks, and unroll roofing as directed.
- Check to ensure that completed roofs are watertight.
- Sweep and clean roofs to prepare them for the application of new roofing materials.
- Provide assistance to skilled roofers installing and repairing roofs, flashings, and surfaces.
- Remove old roofing materials.
- Set ladders, scaffolds, and hoists in place for taking supplies to roofs.
- Locate worn or torn areas in roofs.
- Hoist tar and roofing materials to roofs, using ropes and pulleys, or carry materials up ladders.
- Perform emergency leak repairs and general maintenance for a variety of roof types.
- Clear drains and downspouts and clean gutters.
- Cover roofs with layers of roofing felt or asphalt strips before installing tile, slate, or composition materials.
- Attach roofing paper and composition shingles, using nails.
- Place tiles, nail them to roof boards, and cover nailheads with roofing cement.
- Apply shingles, gravel, or asphalt over the top layer of tar to protect the roofing material.
- Attach sheets of metal to roof boards or building frameworks when installing metal roofs.
- Chop tar into small pieces, and heat chopped tar in kettles.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grading of the post as considered appropriate.
Creativity and Innovation:
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise, and accomplish your work.
- Working to strict timescales and meet deadlines
- Decision Making
- Analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Contacts & RelationshipCommunicating with people outside the organization, representing the organisation to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.Responsibility for Resources
- Estimating sizes, distances, and quantities; or determining time, costs, resources, or materials needed to perform a work activity. Decision Making – Consequences * Ability to work flexibly and on occasions outside normal working hours.
- Physical Demands
- * Ability to meet deadlines that regularly change and prioritise workloads.
- Work Demands
- Impact on the quality of service provision to customers.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Working Conditions
Mainly outside work including working at heights
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
- Excellent communication skills including face-to-face, over the phone and email
- Enjoy working as part of a team and having the ability to act under own initiative in investigating and finding the appropriate solutions to problems.
- Be able to work outside in all weathers and work at heights
- Have the ability to complete an NVQ level 2 and 3 in Roofing
- Well-presented, polite and tactful
- Ability to relate to people at all levels in a friendly and professional manner
- Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes
- Good general education including numeracy, literacy and writing skills; GSCE grade C or above
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, PowerPoint, Outlook, email and the internet
- A strong commitment towards Equality and Diversity principles
- Keen to learn
- Polite and professional
- Take pride in work that you do.
- Ability to work well on own initiative and with others effectively.
- Be reliable and trustworthy.
- Ability to work flexibly with some out of hours working including evenings*
- Ability to transport yourself across the Yorkshire and Humber region Equality and Diversity*
To promote equality and diversity amongst our stakeholders, residents, customers, clients, staff, board and committee members and all those we work with.
- To ensure all customers’ needs are understood and all services that are provided meet individual needs, including in relation to the protected characteristics and customers with additional support needs.
- To treat everyone with dignity and respect at all times.
Health & Safety
To be aware of risks to personal safety, other employees, customers, company property and company reputation and to promote a culture of risk mitigation in the planning and execution of all tasks
Does the above sound like we're describing your ideal next opportunity? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply directly through this advertisement.