Sparc Assistant (Employment Support)
We are currently recruiting for a Sparc Assistant (Employment Support)
The Project aims to raise the aspirations of local people, engage with, inspire and support potential local entrepreneurs, offer training and business support including working with partners to develop nine micro enterprises over three years. The facilities in the Arc, which is a prime location in the heart of the area, will be made available for business support, access to equipment and potentially as start up space.
This role will support the project beneficiaries who decide that self-employment is not for them and require assistance to gain employment.
Work as part of a team to support participants engaged on the Sparc project to develop the confidence and skills to move forward in their lives.
Deliver a consistent, high quality range of supportive interventions, based on individuals’ needs, in order to help clients to develop the necessary life skills and overcome the barriers that prevent progression to employability and employment, including self-employment.
Work towards and exceed targets relating to the agreed number of work placements, training and employment outcomes achieved within specified areas/projects.
Contribute towards the achievement of ongo Communities strategic and operational targets and overall company aims.
Support the project coordinator to create and deliver a plan to achieve targets as required by the Community Led Local Development grant from the Arc in Westcliff including:
- Engage with 90 clients (local people who have an interest in working for themselves)
- 35 clients accessing self-employment/micro-business training
- 9 micro enterprises set up and supported
Establish relationships and work on a one to one basis, assisting individuals to remove personal barriers, help them to grow in confidence and gain new skills through a range of interventions undertaking regular review meetings and maintain a written individual plan for each client.
Meet set team and individual targets – supporting clients into training, volunteering, employment and self-employment.
Assist clients who were considering self employment or setting up new businesses/social enterprises with initial support and confidence building to consider employment opportunities
Take an active part in activities including weekly work clubs and events/promotions.
Work closely with the recruitment team to keep up to date on upcoming opportunities and provide training and work placement opportunities to prepare and upskill clients to meet demand.
Work as part of the team to advertise the service, including social media marketing, using case studies and representing the company at events as appropriate.
Develop professional relationships with private businesses, public and third sector organisations to develop paid and voluntary opportunities for customers.
To participate in personal support and supervision, undertake personal development training as appropriate to the post.
Undertake other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grading of the post as considered appropriate.
- Knowledge and awareness of the issues and factors faced by members of the community and in particular those facing barriers to employment
- Enjoy working in a supporting environment with the ability to manage difficult and sometimes upsetting situations.
- Organisational ability to handle multiple priorities, act quickly and decisively, work to changing deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- A good team player.
- A very good judge of character
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Good general education including numeracy, literacy and writing skills
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, PowerPoint, Outlook, email and the internet
- A strong commitment towards Equality and Diversity principles
- Ability to transport yourself across North Lincolnshire
- IAG or coaching qualification
- Ability to work flexibly with some out of hours working including evenings and weekends where necessary