Sparc Enterprise Manager
Overall Purpose of Job
There are limited opportunities for people from the Westcliff area of Scunthorpe who, although often entrepreneurial, have issues including health, offending history and lack of skills and knowledge that prevent them from being able to either find employment or set up their own business.
Create and deliver a plan to achieve targets as required by the Community Led Local Development grant from the Arc in Westcliff over three years including:
- Engage with 90 clients (local people who have an interest in working for themselves)
- 35 clients accessing self employment/micro-business training
- 9 micro enterprises set up and supported
Work with partner organisations including Business Hive, North Lincs Council Business support team and the Princes Trust to provide support and opportunities for participants.
Deliver activities which will raise aspirations within the community through a marketing campaign to seek out customers and encourage interest
Work with the Employment Support team, including the Empower Employment Support Coach based in the Arc, to meet project targets in respect of participants engaged.
Carry out day to day management responsibility for the operational activities of the project and responsibility for resources, in line with Ongo policies and procedures.
Ensure the project has effective management systems and processes in place and they are maintained to provide the key information, statistics and reports required. Check and monitor all aspects of the project contractual documentation in line with company policies and ESF regulations.
Ensure the effective sharing of information between key partners having regard to relevant legislation in respect of confidentiality and data protection.
Work with the Head of Service to create a business plan to set up a new social enterprise that:
- Is achievable
- Provides job opportunities aimed at people with learning difficulties
- Supports the sustainability of the Sparc project
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
- Passion and determination, along with entrepreneurial skills and experience, to support people to set up their own business
- Ability to develop working relationships with internal teams and partner organisations, including business advisors and business loans providers
- Experience of research, business planning
- Proven customer service and sales skills
- Proven planning and organisational skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure, managing and responding to shifting priorities
- Dynamic and enthusiastic with a passion for helping people to achieve their ambitions
- Experience of working with, training and supporting disadvantaged people who may have low self esteem and low level skills
- Self-motivated with a “can do‟ attitude, able to organise and prioritise own workload and be able to work alone, and with colleagues, without the need for close supervision
- Good analytical and practical problem solving skills
- Ability to manage project budgets
- Experience of establishing monitoring and record-keeping systems
- Substantial experience of administration and financial systems, together with experience of preparing grant claims
- Ability to prepare reports and data on progress and performance of the programme and deliver reports in a variety of formats.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills with the ability to influence and ensure co-operation from a diverse range of individuals and groups
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, PowerPoint, Outlook, email and the internet
- Good general education including numeracy, literacy and writing skills
- A strong commitment towards Equality and Diversity principles
- Ability to transport yourself across North Lincolnshire
- Ability to work flexibly with some out of hours working including evenings and weekends where necessary
- Experience in managing a not for profit business
- Business degree or equivalent
- IAG qualification