Build your CV
There is no single "right" way to create and finalise a CV but here are some ideas to help you. Please take five minutes to read through this information before you start to write yours.
Always keep in mind that the person reading your CV is considering you as a potential employee against many other candidates so make sure you give yourself the best possible chance to stand out.
Top tips to ensure your CV sells you...
- Make sure it's carefully and neatly set out in a logical order.
- It highlights your skills and experience.
- It is targeted on the exact role or industry for which you are applying (you may need to change the personal profile depending on what job you are applying for).
- It is not too long, try to keep it to two pages maximum.
- You have thoroughly spell-checked it.
We have created a template to help you build a CV you can be proud of. Once you have completed it, you can send it to one of our employment support team to check it. If you are struggling with writing it, then you can make an appointment to see our CV specialist.
Please call us on 01724 844848 for free help and advice.
Before you start using our template there are 10 points to consider so please have a read through these first: