About this role
We are looking for male and female workers with experience in supporting adults and young people with learning disabilities and other health conditions to live independent personal and social lives. To motivate people to access community social and leisure activities. Providing support in the home and in the community, (no personal care involved). Do you have the following?
- An interest in working with young people/adults with learning disabilities.
- Qualities to motivate and encourage independence.
- Experience in handling challenging behaviour.
- Ideally a driving licence and own vehicle
Duties of the role may include but are not limited the following;
- Taking clients out for shopping/activities
- Assisting around the house
- Attending local hubs and activity centres
- Prompting to maintain personal hygiene
- To maintain hobbies and interests such as swimming/cinema
- Attending hospital and doctors appointments with client
These roles are offered on a flexible basis, hours can vary dependent on clients and their needs.
A current DBS is essential for this role (we can update or apply if not current) having a driving license and access to a vehicle would be advantageous, you be required to have business insurance on the vehicle.
If the above sounds like your ideal next role then we would love to hear from you.
Job Type: Temporary contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: £10.42 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- English not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- English (required)
- UK driving license and use of a vehicle (required)