About this role
Job Title: Gas Engineer
Overall Purpose of Job
To carry out a range Gas engineer & plumbing tasks that may be both routine and non-routine in nature, including, small maintenance tasks, in both occupied & empty homes.
- Permanent position £ 37,063 p.a.
- 30 days annual leave
- Health Scheme
- Training and development
- To carry out repairs by fault finding to domestic heating/plumbing systems and appliance
- To keep accurate logs of work undertaken and materials used
- To install domestic heating/plumbing systems and appliances.
- To carry out plumbing repairs to hot and cold water systems, sanitary ware and drainage systems.
- To inspect and identify works required and to arrange for information to be passed to the relevant line manager or Works Planner
- To undertake on site supervision of apprentices & volunteers.
- Undertake minor repairs works and general maintenance activities as set out.
- To use modern systems, technology and devices to keep accurate data of work undertaken, materials used and time allocation.
- To identify from inspection, materials required to carry out repair or installation to the required standard
- To ensure the safe handling and storage of all plant and equipment, including regular checks for road worthiness on vehicles for which you are responsible.
- To undertake all work in accordance with Health and Safety policy statements and safe working practices
The post holder will be expected to be aware of safeguarding vulnerable adults and children and report any concerns via Ongos Safeguarding policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
- ACS gas qualifications elements CCN1, CEN1, CKR1, CPA1, HTR1, WAT1.
- NVQ or equivalent gas or plumbing qualification.
- Experience of property repairs and maintenance work
- Knowledge in the use and maintenance of plant and machinery relevant to the trade
- Experience in carrying out relevant installations, repairs and servicing in occupied and empty properties.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work practices
- Ability to carry out dynamic risk assessments
- Understanding of COSHH regulations
- Customer Care orientated and dedicated to the provision of a high quality service
- Full Driving Licence
- Basic IT skills