We are looking for workers with experience in supporting adults and young people with learning disabilities and other health conditions to live independent personal and social lives. To motivate people to access community social and leisure activities. Providing support in the home and in the community, (no personal care involved).
Do you have -
- An interest in working with young people/adults with learning disabilities.
- Qualities to motivate and encourage independence.
- Experience in handling challenging behaviour.
Duties of the role may include but are not limited the following;
- Taking clients out for shopping/activities
- Assisting around the house
- Attending local hubs and activity centres
- Prompting to maintain personal hygiene
- To maintain hobbies and interests such as swimming/cinema
- Attending hospital and doctors appointments with client
These roles are offered on a flexible basis, hours can vary dependent on client and their needs.
A current DBS is essential for this role, having a driving license and access to a vehicle would be advantageous, you be required to have business insurance on the vehicle.
If the above sounds like your ideal next role then we would love to hear from you.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £9.50 to £9.80 /hour