Overall Purpose of Job
To work as part of the Enterprise and Engagement team to deliver a package of mentoring to improve the confidence and skill level of disadvantaged people in North Lincolnshire, enabling them to progress into roles within businesses, particularly where there are skills gaps that offer sustainable employment.
- Mentor participants assigned to caseload and support them to move forward towards a career.
- Create and deliver action plans for individual participant’s actions plans and record progress, outcomes and results.
- Meet own project targets in respect of the project outputs and results.
- Provide appropriate information for reports and data on progress and performance of the project and attend team progress meetings as required.
- Work as part of a team to ensure the monitoring system is maintained to provide the key information, statistics and reports required
- Assist in the collation and input of monthly claims ready for checking and submission by the Project Manager.
- Ensure the effective sharing of information between key partners having regard to relevant legislation in respect of confidentiality and data protection.
- To participate in personal support and supervision, undertake personal development training as appropriate to the post.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grading of the post as considered appropriate
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Required
- Proven experience in engaging with a diverse range of people and verifiable ability to mentor, motivate and demonstrate energy and vision
- Minimum PTLLS qualification or equivalent
- Proven skills in teaching, learning and assessment
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality action plans with participants
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills with the ability to influence, inspire individuals.
- Work as part of a team to ensure co-operation from a range of individuals and businesses.
- Self-motivated with a “can do‟ attitude, able to organise and prioritise own workload and be able to work alone, and with colleagues, without the need for close supervision.
- Proven team player in the planning and organising of project delivery with the ability to work effectively under pressure, managing and responding to shifting priorities
- Experience of establishing monitoring and record-keeping systems.